It is always a good idea to be familiar with the route taken for your driving test in Oakville. We have posted the map below as well written as directions for the route reported by test-takers. This route is one of the most commonly taken for the exam, but it is possible you might have slight variations on the route. Driving instructors and schools are familiar with the routes and will charge you money to take you there. We figured we'd put them up for free here as a public service. Ultimately, the most important thing you need to do for the Oakville road test is learn how to take a road test regardless of route.
This map is the G1 exit road test (aka G2 road test) for Oakville
We also offer the same map with GPS coordinates so you can practise as many times as you want.
Starting at the test center:
1. Head northeast on Wyecroft Rd toward Westgate Rd
2. Use the middle lane to turn left onto Third Line
3. Head northwest on Third Line
4. Head southwest on Kings College Dr toward Third Line
5. Use residential streets to parallel-park, make a 3-point turn and emergency stop
6. Head southeast on Grainer Ct toward Blacksmith Ln
7. Turn right onto Blacksmith Ln
8. Turn left onto Kings College Dr
9. Turn right onto Third Line
10. Turn right onto Wyecroft Rd
11. Back to the test center
After You Pass the Test
Congratulations! You are now an officially certified Ontario driver! Always be safe when driving and never get too confident!
We have some tips on saving on auto insurance since your next step now is probably calling your insurance company to share the good news with them!