It is always a good idea to be familiar with the route taken for your driving test in Newmarket. We have posted the map below as well written as directions for the route reported by test-takers. This route is one of the most commonly taken for the exam, but it is possible you might have slight variations on the route. Driving instructors and schools are familiar with the routes and will charge you money to take you there. We figured we'd put them up for free here as a public service. Ultimately, the most important thing you need to do for the Newmarket road test is learn how to take a road test regardless of route.
This map is the G2 exit road test (aka G road test) for Newmarket
We also offer the same map with GPS coordinates so you can practise as many times as you want.
Starting at the test center:
1. Head north on Harry Walker Pkwy S toward Gorham St
2. Turn left onto Davis Dr/York Regional Rd 31
3. Turn right onto Huron Heights Dr
4. Continue onto Waratah Ave
5. Turn right onto Leslie Valley Dr
6. Turn right onto Luesby Ln
7. Turn right onto Krista Ct
8. Make a 3-point turn
9. Turn left onto Luesby Ln
10. Turn left onto Leslie Valley Dr
11. Turn left onto Waratah Ave
12. Continue onto Huron Heights Dr
13. Turn left onto Davis Dr/York Regional Rd 31
14. Use the right lane to take the ramp onto ON-404 N
15. Use the right lane to take the Regional Road 19/Green Lane E exit
16. Use the middle lane to turn left onto Green Ln E
17. Use the middle lane to stay on Green Ln E
18. Use the right lane to merge onto ON-404 S via the ramp to Toronto
19. Head south on ON-404 S
20. Use the right lane to take exit 51 for Regional Road 31/Davis Drive toward Newmarket
21. Use the middle lane to turn right onto Davis Dr/York Regional Rd 31 (signs for Regional Road 31 W/Davis Drive W)
22. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Harry Walker Pkwy S
After You Pass the Test
Congratulations! You are now an officially certified Ontario driver! Always be safe when driving and never get too confident!
We have some tips on saving on auto insurance since your next step now is probably calling your insurance company to share the good news with them!