It is always a good idea to be familiar with the route taken for your driving test in Kitchener. We have posted the map below as well written as directions for the route reported by test-takers. This route is one of the most commonly taken for the exam, but it is possible you might have slight variations on the route. Driving instructors and schools are familiar with the routes and will charge you money to take you there. We figured we'd put them up for free here as a public service. Ultimately, the most important thing you need to do for the Kitchener road test is learn how to take a road test regardless of route.
Kitchener: Route 2
This map is the G2 exit road test (aka G road test) route 2 for Kitchener
We also offer the same map with GPS coordinates so you can practise as many times as you want.
Starting at the test center:
- Head southwest on Ottawa St N toward Oldfield Dr
- Turn right onto Montcalm Dr
- Head southeast on Montcalm Dr toward Hampton Pl
- Turn right onto Ottawa St N
- Head southwest on Ottawa St N toward Old Chicopee Dr
- Turn left onto the ON-7 E ramp
- Merge onto ON-7
- Use the right 2 lanes to take the Wellington Street exit toward Frederick Street/Victoria Street/Ontario 7
- Head north
- Keep right, follow signs for Victoria Street/Frederick Street/ON-7 E
- Turn right onto Bruce St/Regional Rd 61
- Head southeast on Bruce St/Regional Rd 61 toward Frederick St
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Frederick St
- Turn right onto Edna St/Regional Rd 62
- Turn right onto the ON-7 W ramp to ON-8/ON-401
- Head south toward Conestoga Pkwy
- Use the right lane to merge onto ON-7
- Take the Ottawa Street N exit
- Use any lane to turn left onto Ottawa St N
- Turn right onto Oldfield Dr
After You Pass the Test
Congratulations! You are now an officially certified Ontario driver! Always be safe when driving and never get too confident!
We have some tips on saving on auto insurance since your next step now is probably calling your insurance company to share the good news with them!