It is always a good idea to be familiar with the route taken for your driving test in Kitchener. We have posted the map below as well written as directions for the route reported by test-takers. This route is one of the most commonly taken for the exam, but it is possible you might have slight variations on the route. Driving instructors and schools are familiar with the routes and will charge you money to take you there. We figured we'd put them up for free here as a public service. Ultimately, the most important thing you need to do for the Kitchener road test is learn how to take a road test regardless of route.
This map is the G2 exit road test (aka G road test) for Kitchener
We also offer the same map with GPS coordinates so you can practise as many times as you want.
Starting at the test center:
- Head southwest on Ottawa St N toward Oldfield Dr
- Turn right onto the ON-7 W ramp
- Merge onto ON-7
- Take the Courtland Avenue exit
- Turn right onto Courtland Ave E
- Head southeast on Courtland Ave E toward Carwood Ave
- Turn left to merge onto ON-7
- Take the Ottawa Street exit
- Turn right onto Ottawa St N (signs for Ottawa Street N/Regional Road 4)
After You Pass the Test
Congratulations! You are now an officially certified Ontario driver! Always be safe when driving and never get too confident!
We have some tips on saving on auto insurance since your next step now is probably calling your insurance company to share the good news with them!