It is always a good idea to be familiar with the route taken for your driving test in Hamilton. We have posted the map below as well written as directions for the route reported by test-takers. This route is one of the most commonly taken for the exam, but it is possible you might have slight variations on the route. Driving instructors and schools are familiar with the routes and will charge you money to take you there. We figured we'd put them up for free here as a public service. Ultimately, the most important thing you need to do for the Hamilton road test is learn how to take a road test regardless of route.
Hamilton: Route 2
This map is the G2 exit road test (aka G road test) route 2 for Hamilton
We also offer the same map with GPS coordinates so you can practise as many times as you want.
Starting at the test center:
- Starting at the test centre:
- Head south on Kenora Ave toward Barton St E
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Barton St E
- Head west on Barton St E toward Nash Rd N
- Turn right onto the Red Hill Valley Parkway S ramp
- Merge onto Red Hill Valley Pkwy S
- Head southwest on Red Hill Valley Pkwy S
- Take the Greenhill Avenue exit
- Turn left onto Greenhill Ave
- Head east on Greenhill Ave toward Harrisford St
- Turn left onto Quigley Rd
- Head north on Quigley Rd toward St Andrews Dr
- Turn left onto Albright Rd
- Turn left onto Mt Albion Rd
- Head south on Mt Albion Rd toward Montmorency Dr
- Turn right onto Greenhill Ave
- Turn right onto the Red Hill Valley Parkway N ramp
- Merge onto Red Hill Valley Pkwy N
- Head northeast on Red Hill Valley Pkwy N
- Use the right lane to take the Barton Street exit
- Head east on Barton St E toward Kenora Ave
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Kenora Ave
After You Pass the Test
Congratulations! You are now an officially certified Ontario driver! Always be safe when driving and never get too confident!
We have some tips on saving on auto insurance since your next step now is probably calling your insurance company to share the good news with them!