It is always a good idea to be familiar with the route taken for your driving test in Downsview. We have posted the map below as well written as directions for the route reported by test-takers. This route is one of the most commonly taken for the exam, but it is possible you might have slight variations on the route. Driving instructors and schools are familiar with the routes and will charge you money to take you there. We figured we'd put them up for free here as a public service. Ultimately, the most important thing you need to do for the Downsview road test is learn how to take a road test regardless of route.
Downsview: Route 2
This map is the G1 exit road test (aka G2 road test) route 2 for Downsview
We also offer the same map with GPS coordinates so you can practise as many times as you want.
Starting at the test center:
1. Head west on Carl Hall Rd toward John Drury Dr
2. Turn right onto John Drury Dr
3. Turn left onto Sheppard Ave W
4. Head south on Sheppard Ave W toward Keele St
5. Turn left onto Keele St
6. Turn right onto Diana Dr
7. Head west on Diana Dr toward Sunfield Rd
8. Turn right onto Sunfield Rd
9. Head southeast on Sunfield Rd toward Diana Dr
10. Turn left onto Diana Dr
11. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Keele St
12. Turn right onto Sheppard Ave W
13. Turn right onto John Drury Dr
14. Turn left onto Carl Hall Rd
After You Pass the Test
Congratulations! You are now an officially certified Ontario driver! Always be safe when driving and never get too confident!
We have some tips on saving on auto insurance since your next step now is probably calling your insurance company to share the good news with them!