It is always a good idea to be familiar with the route taken for your driving test in Barrie. We have posted the map below as well written as directions for the route reported by test-takers. This route is one of the most commonly taken for the exam, but it is possible you might have slight variations on the route. Driving instructors and schools are familiar with the routes and will charge you money to take you there. We figured we'd put them up for free here as a public service. Ultimately, the most important thing you need to do for the Barrie road test is learn how to take a road test regardless of route.
Barrie: Route 2
This map is the G2 exit road test (aka G road test) route 2 for Barrie
We also offer the same map with GPS coordinates so you can practise as many times as you want.
Starting at the test center:
- Head north on Bryne Dr
- Turn left onto Mapleview Dr W
- Turn right onto Veterans Dr
- Turn left onto Touchette Dr
- Head east on Touchette Dr toward Lake Crescent
- Turn left onto Veterans Dr
- Turn right onto Essa Rd
- Turn left to merge onto ON-400 S
- Head southeast on ON-400 S
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 90 for Mapleview Drive
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn right onto Mapleview Dr W/Molson Park Dr W
- Continue to follow Mapleview Dr W
- Turn left onto Bryne Dr
- Continue straight to stay on Bryne Dr
- Turn right
- Turn right
- Destination will be on the right
After You Pass the Test
Congratulations! You are now an officially certified Ontario driver! Always be safe when driving and never get too confident!
We have some tips on saving on auto insurance since your next step now is probably calling your insurance company to share the good news with them!